Grundon’s cup recycling service enables paper cups to be sent for specialist reprocessing, where 100% of the cup is recycled and given new life.

Grundon provide a pre-agreed scheduled collection service that suits your needs, we also provide colour coded internal and external bins to assist with capturing the material.

Grundon take the waste to a specialist cup recycling facility, where 100% of the cup is recycled. The recycled paper, which makes up around 90% of the materials in the cups, is separated and converted back into certified paper fibre. The remaining 10% is made up of the plastic polymers from the polyethylene film, and is sent for reprocessing. You can even purchase back premium office paper made from waste cups, providing a closed loop process that further enhances your business’ sustainability credentials.

Paper cups are made up of mixed materials, which makes them difficult to recycle. In order to ensure this waste stream can be fully recycled, a significant amount of labour is required to separate out all of the different types of materials. This amount of labour can be costly.

Grundon’s partnership with Valpak allows us to offset reprocessing, baling and collection costs, enabling us to provide our customers with the most cost-effective solution for recycling their paper cups.

cuprecycling@grundon.com